Saturday, August 19, 2017

The Simple Life - Lentil, Potato and "Bacon" Soup

I love lintel soup.  It's a favorite comfort food of mine.  Since I'm eating vegan now I'm using a soy "bacon" product to help flavor this dish.  It's a hearty, thick soup that is easily done in the crockpot overnight or while you're at work.

1 Bag lentils
1 bag carrots, shredded
3-4 cups shredded potatoes
2 onions, shredded
1/4 cup soy "bacon" bits
Water to cover

Put all ingredients into crockpot and cook on low for eight hours. 


 I wanted all the vegetables to be shredded so I bought sliced carrots and then put them in the food processor for a minute.
 To make the preparation of this dish really easy, I bought frozen potatoes that were already shredded.  Great time saver.
 The "bacon" bits that I used can be found in the salad dressing section of the grocery store.  They really do add the flavoring needed for this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment