Saturday, August 19, 2017

The Simple Life - Fruity Cole Slaw (Vegan)

This salad is so good.  And the fact that it's super healthy just makes it perfect as a side dish or even a main dish.  It's not terribly low in calories because of the dried fruit, but it's top notch for being delicious and healthy.

1 Bag of cole slaw
1 Bag of shredded brussel sprouts
2 Apples, shredded
2 Pears, shredded
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup Vegan mayo
3 Tbl. coconut vinegar

Toss all ingredients well.  Refrigerate overnight before serving.  The flavors will blend and the result of sweet and zesty and crunchy.


 I used shredded brussel sprouts but you could also use shredded broccoli.  You can also substitute any fruit that you like.  I love the apple pear combo personally.

 If you've never tried vegan mayo, then you should.  It's at least as good as the regular stuff.  And the coconut vinegar is delicious.  I love it and I put it on everything I can.


 I used dried cherries that are lower in sugar by 50%.  It's harder to find but worth it to save the calories added by sugar.






No comments:

Post a Comment