Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Diet Log - Lessons Learned on the Road

Today is my last day in Pennsylvania.  Tomorrow I return to Florida to await my next trip out with my husband for his job.

This was my first time away from home for extended period of time.  I did some things that I will correct with the next trip.  I also did some things right and I'll continue those.

The availability of so much free food is challenging.  I've struggled with that the whole trip.  I've got some brainstorming to do while I'm back at home.  Now that I'm aware of the temptation I can do some things that will help with that.

We in a beautiful hotel, in a lovely room.  Unfortunately, there's no microwave.  So, I've been limited in what I can do in the room as far as foot prep.  I own a small crock pot and I think I'll pack that for my next trip out.  That will enable me to make  a soup each day.  I will also pack my extra large, plastic salad bowl with a lid.  I can then make a big salad to keep in the room.  These two things will help me considerably to avoid the free buffets at the hotel.

Exercise is where I've done great.  I have lots of time on my hands now and I was lucky that my husband was stationed in such a great city.  Staying active and spending time out of the room is very important for mental and emotional health.

So, taking everything into consideration, I did very well.  The challenges of living out of a suitcase are acceptable when compared to the exciting adventure I'm having on the road.  I've seen and done so many things over the last month and I'm excited about heading out again to parts unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment