Saturday, August 19, 2017

The Simple Life - Weight Loss Update - It's Time to Buy New Pants

I thought that once I lost some weight and my clothes got loose I would feel great.  Initially I did.  But as my clothes have gotten bigger and I've gotten smaller I began to just feel frumpy.  That's not a good feeling when you're working so hard to be healthier and look better.  This last week I felt like I was bearing bags to work, belted to keep them on.  I've been trying to put off buying new work clothing because it's office attire that I only wear to work.  But by Friday I had decided it was time.

I went to my go store for buying cheap stuff; Walmart.  I'm in the loosing phase of my new way of living so these will hopefully just be transitional pieces to get me to my goal weight.  It's not the right time to invest.

Fortunately, Walmart carries a work attire line; George suiting.  I was able to find two skirts and three pairs of plants.  None of the pieces were over $15.  I wear a uniform shirt, so there's no need for me to buy tops.  I will have to request smaller blouses, but I'm not ready for that yet.  My uniform blouse can be tucked in and still looks alright for a while longer.  I'm pear shaped, so my bottom half was much larger than my upper body; hence the need for new pants and not new tops.

I worked very hard this last week during all my workouts.  I added weight to my weighted vest and I could feel it.  I'm still trying to make sure I make my workouts count every time.  I have a sitting job so it's essential that I really put all my effort into my exercise time because that's really the only time I move during the day.

I felt a little empty every night last week so I knew I would loose weight.  I'm at 148.  My goal for this year is 141, so I'm getting close.  I won't lie.  It's hard not to eat a real meal at night.  I've thought about it endlessly and there's no other way for me to loose weight.  I've spent eight months trying different plans, timing of meals, sequencing meal, you name it.  The bottom line is that I'm doing what I know will help me continue to loose weight.  Eating two good meals for breakfast and dinner and having something very light in calories when I get home, then exercising, works.  So for now I'm not going to try to fix what ain't broke.

I plan to continue with eating vegetable soup for breakfast, a high carb lunch and fruit for dinner.  I'm also still fasting from 5 pm until I eat breakfast the next morning.  I'm not going to add any weight to my vest for the next week.  I can really feel it in my knees so I want to take it slow.  I'm in a downward trend for my weight so I don't need to push it and end up laid up with a knee injury.

This is a time to just keep on keep'in on.


No comments:

Post a Comment