Monday, August 21, 2017

The Simple Life - Banana, Nut, Fruit Bars



It's a good thing I have lots of will power.  These bars are so good I could eat the whole thing without feeling guilty at all.  Of course that wouldn't be good for me, but these bars are seriously delicious! 

1 banana, mashed
1 1/2 cups oats, ground
1/2 cup low sugar dried cranberries
1/2 cup flax seeds
1 cup walnuts
1 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup coconut milk
3 Tbl. coconut oil
3 Tbl. maple syrup
1 tsp. banana flavoring



Combine all dry ingredients.  Add wet ingredients.  Mix well.  Line small baking dish with parchment paper.  Dump mixture into dish and smooth out with the back of a spoon.  Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.  Let cook before cutting into bars.





 I added a tsp. of banana flavoring and I think that makes these bars extra yummy.  If you've never used flavorings, try it.  It can really punch up the flavor of what what you're making.

 Dried cranberries are very sweet and have lots of condensed sugar.  I use the low sugar type.  They are just as good but half the calories.




No comments:

Post a Comment