Monday, August 14, 2017

The Simple Life - Mushroom Potato Cakes

These are so good I can't describe how good they are.  They melt in your mouth and go with anything.  I'm eating them this week for lunch with baked sweet potato chunks.  My husband, who is not a vegetarian, is eating these potato cakes with baked chicken.  Either way, these are perfect.


2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and boiled
2 cans mushrooms, minced
2 packets dry mushroom soup mix
1 Tbl. dill
1 c. unsweetened coconut milk
vegan butter for frying (1 Tbl. per batch)

Mash potatoes.  Add all other ingredients except butter.  Form into patties.  Heat 1 Tbl. vegan butter in large skillet.  Cook patties on each side for 5 minutes or until browned.




This is my prepped lunches for the week with the potato cakes and sweet potato chunks.  I'll probably add some peas or beans too.

No comments:

Post a Comment