Friday, July 26, 2019

Over 50 Travel - My Travel Log #1

Life changes and so do we.  There are many seasons of life and recently began a new one. 

A couple of months ago I decided to go on the road with my husband for his job.  Two weeks ago I had my last day at my desk job at a health care facility.  So begins my travel log.

In preparation for my new life I bought a new DSLR camera and a couple of lenses.  I've always loved photography and it's now my reason to stay out of the hotel room.  Aside from loving photography it is also my reason to get outside and exercise.  It's a win win. 

Fortunately, right now we are in Harrisburg, Penslyvania.  It's a beautiful, historic city with a lot to see and photograph.

I've realized that I always end up taking photos of three things:  architecture, animals and plants.  There are a lot of statues in Harrisburg but, for whatever reason, I don't find them interesting so I don't try to force myself to photograph them.  So you won't see any of that in my photos.  What you will see is lots of the things I do find interesting.

In walking around Harrisburg yesterday I found several examples of tiny little building attached to much larger buildings.  They were so cute.  Here are two examples:






Because Harrisburg is such an old city there are very old buildings mixed in with building from every subsequent era.  As you might imagine, some of the old buildings are in need of much repair.  Here, there are two historic homes side by side.  One is being renovated.  The other is in need of some.

Sometimes I photograph a building just because it's beautiful, like this one.  It looks like it's probably four homes.


There are two main animals that are abundant along the Susquehanna River:  Canadian geese and groundhogs.  I don't know much about either but I can't stop photographing them.  I get scared for them living right along side a very busy road, but it doesn't seem to bother either.



Lastly, there are so many really beautiful gardens here.  Everything is in bloom and it really beautifies the city.





No comments:

Post a Comment