Monday, November 20, 2017

Two More Pounds Gone - What I Ate This Week

As long as I keep it tight Monday through Friday I continue to loose weight.  Not every week, but my weight gradually continues to go down. 

 For Breakfast every morning I had oats, blueberries and a sliced up banana.  This is really the only sweet breakfast that I like.  The weeks I don't eat this I eat vegetable soup.  I prefer a hot, savory breakfast, but for variety, some weeks I do oatmeal with fruit.  It's very filling.  Try to eat a cup of oatmeal.  It's dense but there's twice as much liquid as there is oats so it's very low calorie dense.  That makes it perfect for weight loss.

 This is a combination of slaw mix, brussel sprouts and onions.  I steamed the mixture in a nonstick pan.  This is layer one of my lunch bowls.

I
 Layer two was baked potatoes.  I like to eat white and red potatoes that don't need to be peeled.  I love potatoes.  I can eat them often and plain.  They are low in calories and nutritious.  Again, perfect for weight loss.
My third layer was roasted vegetables:  Zucchini, carrots and bell peppers.  All these vegetables are low calorie dense; perfect for weight loss.




For dinner each night I had sliced fruit.  I eat as much as I want.  I love fruit but it's not very filling.  The reason I switched back to eating fruit after work instead of starches is so that I go to bed feeling a little empty.  It's just part of my overall strategy to continue to loose weight. 

So that's what I ate last week.  It was a good week for food.  I was never really hungry.  I did go to bed feeling empty because I workout an hour in the evenings and fruit isn't very filling.  But I did that purposefully because I'm trying to continue to loose weight.  I'm at 137 and I want to get down another 10 pounds at least before I work on a maintenance program. 

This week is Thanksgiving so my food strategy is different than normal.  I'll post about that at the end of the week.

For right now I'm just staying the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment