Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Simple Life - Black Bean Hummus Veggie Sandwich

I dearly love a big sub sandwich.  I love them with big, fluffy bread, piled high with veggies.  So now that I'm not eating meat anymore I need to replace the meat and I decided to do that with homemade hummus.  This veggie sandwich is filling and hits all those notes that I loved about eating a sub.

Hummus
1 can black beans, drained
3 Tbl. salsa verde
2 Tbl. Tahini
3 Tbl. orange juice
2 Tbl. minced garlic
2 Tbl. parsley
Mrs. Dash seasoning to taste

Veggies that you love.  This part can be anything you want it to be.  I kept it simple with:
cucumber
bell pepper
red onion
lettuce

Bread; I bought a bag of big fluffy white rolls.  Cut one in half and pile on the hummus and veggies.  Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment