Monday, August 28, 2017

The Simple Life - Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Pasta Salad

I saw a real bacon version of this on Facebook and I knew I could do a version that was vegan that would be delicious.  So I did!  I used soy "bacon" bits and soy mayo.  It turned out perfect so I'm taking it for lunch all this week.  The zucchini pasta is very light and the overall dish is very fresh and perfect for my lunches.  It's a filling dish but I don't feel stuffed or bloated.  The best part is that it's so healthy. 

I'm taking this salad for my lunches this week so I prepared it in the containers.  I want it to be fresh so I only made up three salads.  On Wednesday night I'll make up two more for the remainder of the week.

1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
Romain lettuce, chopped
soy bacon bits
cherry tomatoes
1 box of zucchini pasta, boiled
1 packet dry ranch mix
1 cup soy mayo
1 cup coconut milk or almond milk

To make the dressing, whip together the mayo, coconut milk and ranch powder.  In a large bowl or smaller containers layer greens, bacon bits, tomatoes and pasta.   Drizzle the dressing over each serving.









No comments:

Post a Comment