Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Travel Log - Pine Grove Furnace, Pennsylvania

We visited this area the first weekend I was here but I didn't have a bathing suit so we just walked one of the trails and talked about returning.  This last weekend we returned.


Pine Grove Furnace has two lakes; Laurel Lake and Fuller Lake.  We wanted to go kayaking and that's only offered at Laurel Lake, so that's where we headed.  I grew up canoeing in Central Florida, but I've never been in a kayak.  I loved it.  I don't have any photos from our kayaking because I didn't want to take my phone or camera in the boat.  I really enjoyed it.  There were people there with paddle boards and I want to try that too sometime.

After Kayaking we walked around the lake area.  There's a dam at one end of the lake to control the water level.  When you kayak up to this spot it looks like you'll go right over the edge.

The beach area is lovely.  This whole park is beautiful and a wonderful place for family fun.  After kayaking we got drinks and sat on the beach.  What a great place.

No comments:

Post a Comment